Clearwater Beach, Florida

4:01:00 PM

I needed a break from life's stresses. Luckily, I live here in Florida! Even though it's now considered the Fall Season (Autumn) in the US, Summer fever down South is still strong.

Clearwater Beach - let me tell you right now, this place is GORGEOUS! Back between 2008-2009, my family got the chance to live in Largo which is near Clearwater, but due to my dad's busy schedule at the time we never had the chance to visit. So basically, this is now off my bucket list to-do here in Florida. ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪


WHOO HOO BEACH TIME! 乁( ˙ ω˙乁)

 Before my sister and I left Orlando to Clearwater Beach, we got some donuts and tried out the new Belgian Waffle Breakfast Sandwich from Dunkin' Donuts. ( ˘▽˘)っ

The donuts were good but the Belgian Waffle Sandwich was...mehh it could have been better.

It took us nearly 3 hours just to get to Clearwater Beach LOL There was heavy traffic, mostly beach bums like me yearning for the sea. When we finally reached our destination, we took a stop at a local drugstore called Walgreens - to my amazement, this wasn't your ordinary Walgreens, it actually had a 2nd floor and this was as big as a mini market! After looking around, that's when we finally hit up the beach (Pier 60) and we were greeted with these:
Left to Right: Theodoros Griego and metal wire dolphin statues

The statue plaque of Theodoros Griego reads "The first Greek (Hellene) in America. The history of Greeks (Hellenes) in America starts from here. On April 14, 1528 Theodoros Griego arrived at the coast of Western Florida, in the Clearwater Area, with a Spanish Expedition."

While wandering around, I notice a TON of dolphin statues. According to my research, they were a project from the City of Clearwater, Clearwater Regional Chamber of Commerce, and the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. If you walk around the area you'll spot more than 50 of them all over the region. It's like finding Pokemon LOL. σ(≧ε≦o)

My sister decided to not swim with me, since there was so many people she was afraid someone would take our things so she just hanged around the bridge that leads to the fishing pier. Here are some pictures of the stuff happen that day:

Pier to happiness. Even the clouds seem to be so happy. 

Beautiful view~ I could stare at this place for hours

Boat Restaurant, and a little cute boat next to it

Unique boat restaurant~ Must try this place next time. .+:。(ノ・ω・)ノ゙

Hotels near the gift shops, and beach

My sister trying to get a smooch with a Hooters babe

Lots of gift shops that sell funny t-shirts.

Bus Trolley. I haven't seen them since I lived in California during my visit in San Francisco!

Enjoying my day being a mermaid

And if you guys were wondering what I wore to the beach, here it is:


I'm so happy I had the chance to visit. I'll most likely visit again when I can find time. My sister just graduated and right now we're still waiting for her certificate to be printed out, so far her school hasn't called us back and it's been nearly over 2 weeks. I'm getting frustrated lol. We'll have to check out her campus next Monday.

 I might just need another trip to Clearwater soon hahaha! (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

Also, off topic but I got myself a new cellphone:

Ain't it cute? (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑  It's an LG Optimus Zone 3

You Might Also Like

0 ♥ Comments