☆ METROCON 2013: Main Events And Shenanigans ☆ (Part 3)

1:48:00 PM

This is my last update for Metrocon. (I can't believe it's been almost about a month past now!) Me and my sister attended 4 out of the 7 main events held in this convention.

Nothing but long lines for every event going on that day!

San and Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke

Fencing held on the 2nd floor (Also the huge line behind them!)

Mini Luigi! Ain't he cute? ♥(ノ´∀`)

After the long wait in line, me and lil' sis finally got our seats! We were on the 6th row, near the front, on the left. (I wish I was more in the middle!) The first main event was the Anime Human Chess Match.

Not far where I was from the stage!

The whole cast! I see Finn! ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ

OUCH! ☆⌒(>。≪)

The chess match was awesome! I could tell so much effort was put into this show! 

After the first event, me and lil' sis decided to get some nom noms in our stomachs.

I ordered hotdog w/ cheese on top!

Also w/ Twix, and water. Lil' sis got soup and juice.

After that I decided to roam around and take more pics of cosplayers (serious I took around over 200 pictures!) Then finally attend another main event: Metro Star Party. Pit the Angel was accused for things he didn't do. Turns out Mike Tyson was the real culprit! (o___O)

The whole cast. Beautiful poses ~

Harvey Birdman. Fabulous Attorney!

On to the 3rd event! Anime Idol. This is where people sing their hearts out to anime theme songs, or whatever they wanted to sing to the audience.

The hosts (sorry forgot their names! >.< )

Cardcaptor Sakura singing one of the opening songs

Fullmetal Alchemist's Winry Rockbell

I think she's a Homestuck cosplayer

Last year's Anime Idol winner! (God her voice is amazing!)

The judges for this year's Anime Idol

This year's winner! Jasmine Guy who sang "Every Heart" from BoA

Break time after Anime Idol! Decided to take pics of the convention. This was also at the same time when I met Ginger and Michela (Check out my first post about them)

The front of the convention. Tons of people outside roaming around.

Lil' sis near the docks, back of the convention

Wonderful view outside! The weather was good that day!

I was expecting to see at least 10 people I knew but they were all over the place, and some just couldn't make it on Saturday! Huhuhuhu :'(

I went to the Vendors Room to check out the stuff that was being sold, and saw this:

KPOP MERCHANDISE!

I was so happy when I came across this stall! I ended up buying NOTHING. It was just too expensive. I decide to just hold on to my money until I'm back in Philippines (I'm gonna blow so much money on Japanese and Korean stuff once I'm there OH MY LORD)

I was getting hungry, so me and lil sis got dinner.

2 Egg Rolls, 5 Slices of Pork, and a MOUNTAIN of noodles!

My sister decided after dinner to attend the Video Room (2) to watch Sword Art Online. So we went separate ways for a while. Not long afterwards I randomly came across Luigi getting his groove on!

WOOOOO!!!

There was a huge group dancing to songs like "Gangnam Style", "Heyyeyaaey", and "Never Gonna Give You Up". I ended up dancing along with them! HA!

Luigi strikes a pose for me! (Really grateful for it too!)

Finally the Fire Show before the Saturday Rave:

Waiting, waiting and waiting

This event took forever to start. It wasn't much of a problem for me. I got the chance to relax after running around the entire day~

I really love the costume that chick on the right is wearing

I seriously can't put fire close to my face like this m(____)m

Fire everywhere!!!

This sums up my experience at Metrocon. Sadly, I won't be attending this con for the next couple of years because I'll be out of the country by then (Hey at least I'll get to visit South Korea!) I really had a blast and it was worth every penny spent. I'm really gonna miss so many people in Tampa. Lots of people don't want me to leave but I got to put my life first. So while I'm still here in the US, I try to visit Tampa as much as possible.

That's about it! Until next time :)

You Might Also Like

0 ♥ Comments