Stretch ears, and 2nd piercing!

10:54:00 AM

I'm back with a new post :)

This time I wanted to talk about ear stretching (also my 2nd piercing~) (=⌒▽⌒=)

I'm planning to stretch my ears to 8g sometimes next month, as of now I'm leaving them be as it is.

 My black 12g tapers

This was my last size, a 12g. I was really hesitant about stretching my ears at first, but I finally got the courage to do it a few months back.

 My current size, 10g tapers. Isn't pretty? :D

I got a 2nd piercing not too long ago!
It's just a stainless steel black ball at 18g.

What got me into stretching my ears? Rooney Mara!

Rooney as Lisbeth Salander

 I wish I could pull this hairstyle (x__x)

She looks so wonderful with those pierces!

Naomi Rapace as Lisbeth (Swedish Version)

I was so inspire by the character Lisbeth Slander from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Lisbeth is an intellectual, computer hacker who has been through a lot. She has a hard time connecting to people, and making friends. She's also anti-social in a way. I'm still trying to finish the book, and hopefully in the future, I'll be able to watch the Swedish version of this movie too!

I decide to get a 2nd piercing a few days ago. I felt like my first ear hole was feeling lonely all by herself lol. I just spend USD $10.00 for having it done. I have no regrets!

The art of ear stretching dates back thousands of years ago. Many tribal and indigenous cultures around the world have, and still do, practice ear stretching. It has become very popular with the Punk scene, and to those who want to stand out instead of just getting the same old piercing.

The Spanish who came to the Philippines must have seen lots of Filipinos with stretched ears like these guys:

Tagalog Maginoo

 Visayan Kadatuan

Tagalog Royal Couple (Look at that ear hole!)

(Boxer Codex, illustrations of ethnic groups in the Philippines at the time of their initial contact with the Spaniards - Wikipedia)

Hey if my ancestors did it, why can't I right? :D

Helpful advices about ear stretching:
  • NEVER skip sizes! 
  • To stretch your ears to the next size - take a long hot shower (but not to the point your gonna burn yourself! Just good enough to soften your ears) then slip in the next tapers or whatever you're gonna use to stretch your ears 
  • NEVER rush the process of stretching your ears! Take your time.
  • Let your ears fully heal and adjust to the new size
  •  Another way to stretch your ears is to use lubes and oils. Like Jojoba Oil, or Holey Butt'r.

Until next time guys~  ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ

You Might Also Like

0 ♥ Comments